Cardiovascular exercise has multiple benefits for both our physical and mental health. The physical health benefits include weight loss, increased endurance, improved energy level, increased muscular strength, improved posture, increased bone density, better sleep, and improved cardiovascular and respiratory functioning.
The mental health benefits include reduced stress, relief of depression and anxiety symptoms, elevated mood, healthy release of anger and tension, and improved concentration and memory.
Enjoy the following cardiovascular exercises that you can perform from the comfort of your home, backyard, or neighborhood.
Walking is the most simple, cheap, and accessible form of cardiovascular exercise.
Walking is very low impact and very convenient.
Increase your motivation by walking with your spouse or partner, child, or dog.
- Invest in a quality pair of walking or exercise shoes that will adequately support your feet and knees
- Optional: -buy a pedometer to track how many steps you take on your walk
Hiking is an adventurous exercise that you can try and rip the health benefits along the line.
- Invest in a quality pair of hiking shoes or hiking boots that will support your knees and ankles
- Find hiking paths in your community, regional or provincial/state parks
It is one of the most popular exercises to stay fit, usually followed by young peoples. It is a medium-impact exercise that can impact your knee joints. Make sure you start slowly before you reach your max speed.
- Invest in a quality pair of running or jogging shoes that will adequately support your ankles, knees & hips
- Reusable water bottle to bring with you while you jog or run
- Running and jogging are high-impact ñbe careful if you have any bone or joint problems, especially arthritis, knee or ankle problems
4.Exercise: Jumping Rope
If you don’t want to go out but want to improve your cardio exercise, you can also try this one. It can be a fun routine. Compete with your partner. Who does the maximum skippings? Achieves new fitness milestones every time.
- Purchase a good-quality skipping rope at a local sports store
- Make sure that you always wear proper exercise shoes while jumping rope
Travel new roads you may not have seen before with bicycling. You can make it more fun by cycling with a group of your friends.
- Invest in a good-quality bicycle made by a reputable bicycle manufacturer
- Ideally, purchase a new bicycle, but think about buying a second-hand bike to save money
- Buy a bicycle helmet that fits your head correctly and provides ventilation
6.Exercise: Creative Dancing
Dancing is excellent cardiovascular exercise! It also builds your creativity.
- Wear comfortable exercise clothes – go barefoot or wear dance or exercise shoes
- Clear a space in your family room or basement for your exercise/dance area
- Prepare the space with a good CD player and a collection of inspirational music from various genres (rock, Broadway, Celtic, swing, contemporary, jazz, African) to listen to as you dance
It’s one of the favorite cardio exercises, especially on summer days. Join a club or something and start ripping the swimming benefits right away. Does swimming makes you hungry? Check out how!
- A swimming pool!
- If you don’t own your pool, swim in a family member or friend or neighbor’s pool, or go to your nearby community pool.
- Purchase a good-quality swimsuit, ideally made by a reputable swimwear company – ensure that it is resistant to both chlorine and salt water and that it fits comfortably