Having a lot of belly fat has never been considered a good quality for men. So, many guys are searching for a better way to get six-pack abs. For men, six-packs are considered a great degree of fitness. Six-packs are a great addition to someone’s physique, especially if you have large pectorals and bicep muscles. If you want a flat and toned six-pack, you can try these 5 best core exercises for men. These workouts are pretty tough, and they require a lot of effort with a strict diet.
- Top 10 Indian Diet Tips for Six Pack Abs
- Aerobic Exercise 101: Beginners Guide
- The Different Types of Useful Home Gym Equipments
- The 10 Best Treadmills Under 30000 in India
- 10 Best Protein Supplement in India Without Side Effects
These 5 core exercises for men include:
1) Bicycle crunches
Bicycle crunches are among the best core exercises for men, especially when you want to work out your lower abdomen. To do these crunches, you need to:
- First, lie down flat on the ground with your arms positioned behind the head and then twist the hip using the abs muscles.
- You can then begin by lifting your left knee towards the chest & then lift your right shoulder till the right elbow reaches the left knee and hold this position for some-few-seconds before returning to your original position.
- Then switch and do the same with the right knee, lift it and bring it near the left shoulder until it touches the left elbow.
While doing this exercise, make sure that your neck is not being strained, and if it is, then probably you are not doing it right. Make sure you repeat this procedure until you are almost out-of-breath.
2) Declined Weighted sit-ups
The second best core exercise for men is similar to regular sit-ups, but in this case, your legs are in a declined position. You can begin by:
- Lie down on the decline bench and place a desired free weight or dumbbell across your chest.
- Then, use your abs muscles, lift your upper body as-high-as-you-can, hold that position for some-few-seconds, and then go down.
- You can then repeat this procedure while holding a higher weight on your arms for more effects. (make sure you begin with some lightweight before proceeding to heavier ones)
This exercise is meant to put more impact on your lower abdomen, so make sure you repeat this procedure until you feel like you are almost out-of-air.
3) Side Bridge
Side Bridge is an excellent core exercise for men to develop their side obliques and back muscles.
- Begin by laying on your side with your forearm on the floor under your shoulder and feet together.
- Flex your abs and glutes to raise your hips off the ground creating a straight line from your ankle to your shoulder.
- Hold for 30-60 seconds for 2 to 3 sets.
4) Vertical leg crunches
Begin by lying flat on the ground with raised vertically in the air and make sure that they are crossed.
- Position your arms in front of your body with your right hand on the left shoulder and the left hand on the right shoulder.
- Then flex your abs muscles until your elbows reach your thighs and hold this position for some-few-seconds and then lower your body to the original position.
- You can then repeat this position as many times as possible.
5) Abdominal Wheel
Although it does require equipment (Ab Wheel), this core exercise is one of the best for men to strengthen your core. No matter how developed your abdominal muscles are, this will push them further.
- Start out with your knees on the floor with the ab wheel in your hands under your chest.
- Extend your body until it parallels with the floor.
- Hold for a few seconds and then return to the starting position.
Start with 3 sets of 10 reps and increase as desired.
These are the 5 best core exercises for men. If you want them to be as effective as possible, you must do them correctly and regularly. Make sure you are following a strict fat-free diet with these procedures fixed in your daily workout procedure.
Remember that consistency and diet play the most prominent role in achieving a solid core and a ripped six-pack. For the most part, six-pack abs are made in the kitchen. The exercises that you perform will determine the way your six-pack looks after the belly fat is lost.