Get ready to pump up your heart rate with treadmill workouts for beginners! Discover a variety of beginner workouts, from walking on a treadmill to treadmill interval training. You’ve found your resource for getting in your workout at YOUR level!
Avoid confusion and injury! Take the time to explore and learn your treadmill, its features, and how it works. Break out that owner’s manual and check out your mode options, speed and incline controls, safety card, etc.
Practice getting on and off of your treadmill before beginning your workout.
It is recommended that you stand on the stationary sides of the machine and get the belt moving. Once the belt moves at a speed of 1.0 to 1.5, step on it and start moving! Now you can increase your speed!
To end your workout, gradually slow the speed down to stopped and then exit.
Now lets start the treadmill workouts for beginner!
1.Novice Treadmill Workout
- If you are brand new to working out, start with a simple 10 minutes of walking on the treadmill. You can increase your speed to as much as 3.0 in this workout. Once you are comfortable with this and no longer feel challenged, increase your time on the treadmill to 15 minutes. You may also increase your speed .5 at a time. For example, go up to 3.5 during your workout and then back down. Add 5 minutes at a time until you reach 20 minutes.
2.Ramping It Up: Walking On A Treadmill
Once you’ve been on your treadmill for 1 to 3 months, you’ll want to vary your workouts. Walking workouts are a great way to get your heart rate up and begin using your leg muscles.
Now that you’ve been doing 20-minute workouts on your treadmill, you are ready to increase your incline! What’s that? The incline is the ramp position. Raise your ramp position to increase your workout intensity, lower the ramp to decrease.
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Speed: Begin at 1.5 and gradually increase to 3.5 within the first 5 to 7 minutes.
- Incline: Begin with no incline. At 3 minutes, increase the incline to 1.5.
- When comfortable, increase the incline to 2.0
- Next, raise the incline to 2.5 at 7 minutes. Remain here until this incline setting is comfortable for you.
- Gradually increase the incline to 3.0.
- At 15 minutes, decrease incline gradually to the lowest available setting.
If you haven’t already, select from the best treadmills in India for home use here.